Friday, May 8, 2015

PRONOUNS USED AS THE OBJECT OF PREPOSITION SMA



ADJECTIVE CLAUSES / RELATIVE PRONOUN

USING SUBJECT PRONOUNS: WHO (used for people), WHICH (used for thing), THAT (used for people and thing)
Ex: I thanked the woman
She helped me
a. I thanked the woman who helped me
b. I thanked the woman that helped me

The book is mine
It is on the table
c. The book which is on the table is mine
d. The book that is on the table is mine

USING OBJECT PRONOUNS: WHOM (used for people), WHICH , (used for thing), THAT (used for people and thing)
PRONOUNS USED AS THE OBJECT OF A VERB

Ex: The man was Mr.Jhon
I saw him
a. The man whom I saw was Mr. Jhon
b. The man that I saw was Mr.Jhon

The movie wasn’t very good
We saw it last night
c. The movie which we saw last night wasn’t very good
d. The movie that we saw last night wasn’t very good

PRONOUNS USED AS THE OBJECT OF PREPOSITION
Ex: She is the woman
I told you about her
a. She is the woman about whom I told you
b. She is the woman whom I told you about
c. She is the woman that I told you about

The music was good 
We listened to it last night
e. The music to which we listened last night was good
f. The music which we listened to last night was good
g. The music that we listened to last night was good

USING WHOSE
Ex: I know the man
His bicycle was stolen
a. I know the man whose bicycle was stolen

The student writes well
I read her composition
b. The student whose the composition I read writes well

Mr. Crab has persian cat
Its fur is very beautiful
c. Mr. Crab has persian cat whose fur is very beautiful

USING WHERE
Ex: The building is very old
He lives there
a. The building where he lives there is very old
b. The building in which he lives is very old
c. The building which he lives in is very old

1.1. USING WHEN
I will never forget the day 
I met you then
a. I’ll never forget the day when I met you then
b. I’ll never forget the day on which I met you then



Combine the two sentences. Use the second sentences as an adjective clause.
1. I apologized to the woman . I spilled her coffee
2. The man called the police . his wallet was stolen
3. The city was very beautiful . we spent our vacation there
4. That is the restaurant. I will meet you there
5. Monday is the day . we will come then
6. The girl is happy. She won the race
7. The book is good. I read it
8. The student is from Japan. She sits next to me
9. The meeting was very interesting. I went to it
10. July is the month. The weather is usually the hottest then



Choose the best answers!
1. I met the woman………..husband is the president of the corporation.
a. whom
b. who
c. which
d. whose

2. The doctor……….examined the sick child was very gentle
a. where
b. when 
c. who
d. whom about

3. The people were very nice……….we visited them yesterday
a. to which
b. whom
c. that
d. whose

4. I am using a sentence……….contains an adjective clause
a. to which
b. whom
c. which
d. who

5. I live in a dormitory ………the residents come from many countries.
a. where
b. whom
c. about whom
d. when

0 comments:

Post a Comment

◄ Posting Baru Posting Lama ►