The worst-hit flood area in the country this rainy season has been Central java, where 20 people had been killed and ten thousand evacuated.
The public works ministry estimated that it will need 14 billion rupiahs (US $6.7 million), to reconstruct the bridges in Kali Kuto and kali Desa, Central java and to repair a number of roads in the province. Another 10.36 billion rupiah is needed to repair irrigation facilities.
The minister of Public work, Radinal Mochtar, has instructed that repairs or damaged roads and bridges be completed before Idul Fitri holiday at the end of March.
Radinal said he ordered the state-owned construction company, PT Adi Karya, to begin the reconstruction immediately. He said he chose the firm because it is now working on project in the area and has experience in handling similar kinds of repairs. The company rebuilt both the Kali Comal
Bridge, which has been damaged by floods three years ago, and the Kali Kuto Bridge, which has been destroyed by floods two years ago.
( SNMPTN 2008 )
1. Which of the following statement is TRUE according to the text?
a. Only 20 people died could be evacuated.
b. 20 people died because of the disease.
c. 20 people died because of the flood in Central Java.
d. Ten thousand of people died because of the flood.
e. The flood took place in Jakarta
2. Which of the following statement is TRUE according to the text?
a. PT. Adi Karya rebuilt three bridges.
b. Kali Kuto bridge was built two years ago.
c. Kali Comal bridge was rebuilt three years ago.
d. PT. Adi Karya was chosen to rebuilt Kali Kuto and Kali Comal.
e. Radinal Mochatar was the director of PT. Adi Karya
3. The minister of Public work, Radinal Mochtar, has instructed that repairs or damaged roads and bridges be completed before Idul Fitri holiday at the end of March.
The underlined word has the same meaning with ...
4. Radinal said he ordered the state-owned construction company, PT Adi Karya, to begin the reconstruction immediately.
The underlined word has the samae meaning with ...
c. little by little.
d. very much.
e. very soon
5. The company rebuilt booth the Kali Comal Bridge, which has been damaged by floods three years ago, and the Kali Kuto Bridge, which has been destroyed by floods two years ago.The othe word of the underlined word is ...
6. X : Tom, what happened to your leg?
T : I fell when I was playing football and I broke my leg.
X : .............. you'd better take a rest
a. Oh, poor you.
b. That's great.
c. That's fantastic.
d. How lucky you are.
e. I do not know what to do
7. Shop Assistant : Morning, sir, Is there anything I can do for you?
Costumer : Yes, please. I need sport shoes for my son.
The underlined sentences shows that the shop assistant is ....... to the customer
a. asking for information.
b. offering help.
c. asking for clarification.
d. asking fo help.
e. giving information
8. Santi: Tomorrow I'm going to Makasar. Don't forget to cook my favourite food.
Roy : Ok, your favorite food ....... by the time you come
a. will have been ready.
b. has been ready.
c. will been ready.
d. was ready.
e. is ready
9. Santi: We will see the concert of Indonesian Idol tonight. would you like to join us?
Joni : Thanks a lot, I would like it very much.
Santi: Ok, come to my house at 18.30 then we go there together.
From the dialogue above, we know that Joni .......... Santi's offer.
10. Luise: Do you think the new government will be able to make a total improvement in any sector?
Alex : I don't think so. The condition now is very bad.
The underlined phrase expresses............