1. Mary introduced me to her former lecturer ........ she married after she had graduated.
a. of whom b. whom c. whose d. who
2. He ........ 20 years old when he started work.
a. were b. was c. is d. did
3. Have you seen ......... heard the latest musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber?
a. but b. or c. so d. while
4. Jaya : Why are you still here?
Didn't you tell me that you would go to Jakarta today?
Setiadi : I would have been in Jakarta if the bus had not got an accident.
The underlined utterance means..........
a. Setiadi went to Jakarta b. The bus got an accident
c. Jaya went to Jakarta d. The bus was safe
5. If I find her address, I…………………… her an invitation.
a. will send b. would send c. sent d. send
6. I wanted to go to the rock concert ......... all the tickets were already sold out.
a. but b. so c. both d. and
7. If I don’t see him this afternoon, I …………………… him in the evening.
a. will phone b. phone c. phoned d. would phoned
8. Jack : Rita, ............
Rita : Pleased to meet you. Don.
Don : Pleased to meet you too.
a. I'd like you to meet my friend Don b. don't you know Don is my friend
c. Don wants to meet you d. please introduce yourself to Don
9. Last Thursday our English teacher …… all the exercise.
a.corrected b. is correcting
c. has corrected d. has been correcting
10. I wanted to eat sushi for dinner ......... I went to a Japanese restaurant.
a. but b. and c. or d. so
11. Sam is the boy _____ shaved his head--he is completely bald now.
a. whose b. that c. which d. who
12. "I'm sorry for …... you all this trouble,
a. having b. creating c. causing d. making
13. A dishwasher is a machine ____ washes dishes.
a. who b. whose c. which d. that
14. X : Have you sent the letter?
Y : No, I haven't finished typing it.
X : What? You ... have sent it yesterday
Y : I'm sorry. I'll send it immediately
a. may b. could c. would d. might
15. Which one of the statement is correct
a. canoe is the biggest one
b. speed boat is smaller than canoe
c. yatch is the biggest one
d. yatch is the same size as speed baot
16. Susi : Let's go to the Jazz Festival tonight!
Yani : You go, please. Jazz is not my music. I'd, better go back to my books.
From the dialogue we know that Yani ... Susi's invitation.
a. prefers b. refuses c. ignores d. accepts
Question number 37 to 40 refer to the following passage
The Titanic was the biggest ship in the world at that time. It had good facilities such as: a fully air conditional cabin, restaurant, bar, mini shop, recreation space, ship’s band and singers, medical facilities, telephone, etc. When the Titanic sailed from Southampton to New York in April 1912 with 819 crews and 1316 passengers, it sank after it sailed for four days. It happened in North Atlantic Ocean. It hit a very big iceberg. Since there were not enough lifeboats and all the passengers or the crews were very afraid, the ship sank rapidly, most of passangers and crews sank and only few people was safe.
17. Where did the tragedy happen?
a. in the sea b. in the high way c. in the harbor d. In the air
18. It had good facilities. The underlined word refers to ….
a. the world b. the ship c. the time d. that biggest
19. Which line tells us that most of people died?
a.line 3 & 4 b. line 1 & 2 c. line 6 & 7 d. line 5
20. Where did the Titanic sink exactly?
a. Southeast continent b. in the sea
c. Atlantic ocean d. North Atlantic Ocean